Weeroona Clients & Families
Weeroona recognises the fundamental role a family can have in the life of an individual with a disability and strives to build and enhance family relationships through the services provided.
In order to maintain a positive working relationship it is important that Individuals and Families are aware of:
The privacy and confidentiality of all persons affiliated with Weeroona will be ensured at all times.
- Weeroona will only collect information necessary to provide appropriate supports and services. Only information directly relating to the person's abilities, interests, preferences and needs in regard to support will be recorded and kept.
- All personal information is kept securely, and access is limited to relevant personnel.
- All staff will be informed about policies and procedures regarding privacy and confidentiality. The privacy of Individuals/families in their home will be respected at all times.
- Personal information can only be disclosed to others with prior verbal or written consent from the individual, family representative or advocate. This consent can be withdrawn at any time. Individuals and families can have access to their personal information upon request.
- Individuals/families can nominate a support person of their choice to assist with any issues around ensuring their privacy at any time.